Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind? January 1, 2023

 


Happy New Year!  If you know me, you know that I am not generally a new year's celebrator, but I will take the calendar rolling over as progress.  We are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the first test that suggested I have cancer.  I will talk about that day when I got those results in the post on that day.  Today, I will talk about how I feel as I move into the new year.

I am happy to be hear, I feel good all things considered.  As I look back at 2022, I have had a ton of chemotherapy, major surgery leaving me with an ostomy bag, and my body is not what it used to be.  With that said, I am still here and I am still able to be a member of the family, work, and contribute.  I have always gauged myself as a man or better yet, a human, that shows his love by giving.  If that is cooking for the family, working to support them, or just being there with them.  It is how I have always done it and I am a somewhat "know them by their works" kind of guy.

Speaking of cooking, I made homemade pizza yesterday.  I think it came out ok and the new Ninja oven worked pretty good for the pizza.  I am going to try another method of cooking them next time.  I think Tiffany liked the pizza, but if I get the dough thinner, it will cook better.  Tonight, I am making mushroom risotto, lobster tails, and brussel sprouts.  Should be a good dinner.

Well, time to have some fun before I get to work for the day.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022