I am a lighthouse. Worn by weather and waves... January 18, 2023

 


Another chemo treatment in the books.  I am not keeping exact tract, but we are into the 20s, like 22.  I am nervous as hell until the end of January to see how the liver tumors are doing with the monthly pump fill.  I am very hopeful and glad that I feel ok most days.   Most of my battle is sugars now so I need to keep driving my diet towards the elimination of excessive carbs, but the every other week heavy steroids do a number on my blood sugar.  It didn't get into the 300s yesterday, but still stayed elevated most of the day.  

My problem is that many times I do not feel like I have eaten unless I have had a small amount of starch (pasta, rice, bread, etc...).  I know it is a learned desire, but the cells also need glucose to create energy, but I am sure they can derive some energy from meat and veggies.  

Diverting back to treatment, I don't like having to travel to NJ for all our treatments, but they are really knowledgeable in pump maintenance and they are all so pleasant.  The trip I think is beginning to weigh on everyone Tiffany mostly.  I mentioned yesterday that it creates this two-week void where we just auto-pilot until the next treatment and then further between scans.  If it wasn't cold, rainy, yucky and flu/cold season we would probably get out more, but I'm not sure about that either.  Not sure I want to.  One of my issues is that socialization always involved alcohol and that really is a bad choice for my diabetes.  

All in all, my health could be worse and I am happy that I still have a lot of my strength and capability.  So I hope that I continue to maintain my strength and I look forward to shrinking tumors.  I also look forward to getting my ass outside working on the yard/garden.  

Well, time to get my day started.

Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022