I remember days when we were younger... January 22, 2023

 


Just because that is so generic, that first song lyric in my head is from Ku'u Home O Kahaul'u from Olomana.  One of my trigger songs that puts me right back in the islands.  

This is that time of year when I really start to miss the sun, brightness and warmth.  Getting through winter after returning from Hawaii has been tough for me, but throw on a little gift of cancer frosting and my depression cake is done.  Seriously though, the state I am in I really do prefer to be warmer.  I also want to get outside and see green as well as garden.  I really found that therapeutic last spring/summer.  Growing things just seemed the right thing to do, maybe as parts of me were dying I wanted to see other things thrive, or maybe I just like being closer to nature.  I've missed that with my technical hobby.

Total left turn...  As I was cleaning out the closet the other day, I came across this swing album of Tiffany's (grandparents).  It is a reader's digest collection called Swing Years.


I love this music so much.  It is funny how even the songs I didn't know feel somewhat familiar.  Maybe they were the background music to some old show I watched or I heard them on the Lawrence Welk Show and I just don't remember that well.  I always did remember music better than anything else.  I like to think that it is because I was alive then too.  Maybe Tiffany and I sitting around the radio in the evening listening to this music while we read, talked.  I have seen so many movie scenes and old pictures of the couple sitting by the radio that I can close my eyes and see myself looking around the modest den/living room, I can see the radio, sitting on a table, well maintained, but older.  The monotone sounds of a clarinet solo in "In the Mood" coming through the single speaker.  I have always been attracted to that era, maybe it is just because of when I was born, who knows...

Well, it is time to get some food and start taking down the Christmas decorations - yes, they are still up.  It is because we want to stop time...

I love you all! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022