Get out of that bed and wash your face and hands... January 24, 2023


 

Thought it would be fun to have a picture of me taking today's picture.  Usually, I use the the computer camera to take the picture, but the phone has better quality (shows all my wrinkles and age).  I am currently listening to Rock and Roll the Early Days LP this morning.  This is one of the first LP's that I bought when I got my first very own turntable.  I was so proud of buying something that I would enjoy (music soothes my soul) when I bought that stereo - in fact, I rented to own that stereo from one of those places.  I believe Theresa's boyfriend worked there.  I would drive down to the rental place and pay that bill every week.  I am pretty sure I paid 5 times what that Pioneer stereo was worth, but I had a CD player!  The first CD I ever bought was Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture (seriously).  Then I am pretty sure it was Beatles albums.


 I still love the music and I could sit out in the man cave and listen to music all day everyday and avoid society (story of my introverted life).  Like I've said, like Walter Mitty, there is a lot to be done inside my head. 

My mind to me a kingdom is;

Such present joys therein I find,

That it excels all other bliss

That earth affords or grow by kind:

Though much I want that most would have,

Yet still my mind forbids to crave.


I remember the first time I read that poem.  It was like Sir Edward Dyer new exactly what it was like to be in my head.  

Anyhow, it is about 6:00 AM and I need to get busy on the day (actually going to the office today - boo!!!).

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022