I feel a hunger, it's a hunger... January 14, 2023

 


So today we are moving Maeve (nothing to do with the song, Take me Home Tonight was stuck in my head this morning).  We are moving stuff, but she isn't really moving in until Wednesday next week as I have treatment next week and Tiffany and I need her to watch the dogs so that we can go to NJ.  Inconvenience for Maeve, but since we are paying for everything...  I suppose we could say something similar about Gusty, but she has Wyatt and dogs, etc...  with little help.

Tiffany is pretty stressed out, I don't think the empty nester item has hit her as she has been so busy taking care of getting Maeve moved that she hasn't had time to think about it.  I will miss having Maeve around the house.  She does spend a lot of time in her room, but she is generally cheery and enjoyable to have around.  Also, I love her and regardless of whether she moved next door or across the country, she is my baby girl and her growing up is hard because sometimes I see her as this little baby in my one arm as I walk through the den rocking her and singing to try to get her to go back to sleep (at 2:00 in the AM). Later when she got bigger and still got up at 2:00 AM it was into the pack-and-play with Monc-Inc while I laid on the couch with my arm in the pack-and-play so she could wake me up (which she did regularly).  Those made for long days teaching...

Well, I need to get to making some breakfast so that I have some food in me and time to pass it before we get busy packing the truck in the 21 degree weather (Fuck I hate winter, but it does kill off a lot of bugs).

I love you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022