At last, my love has come along... January 21, 2023


 And yes I am wearing the same sweatshirt as yesterday!

When I typed 2023, I just realized it is 2023!  Sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday that it was 1976 or 1985, etc.  I wonder at times where did the time go, but when I stop and think I can move myself through the years, picking out the good times.  Falling in love with the most amazing woman, twice, time with friends throughout the years, hiking all over the Ko'olau range, diving in the south pacific, traveling the world, playing catch with my children, pitching to them in the backyard, Trips with the kids and Tiffany, going to Disney, going to their concerts, going to concerts, and so so much more.  When I really look back on it, I have had an amazing life with opportunities that only some get.  There, of course, is some bad sprinkled in there, but lately, I don't let that get to me like I used to.

If any of you ever read this, I want you all to know how much I love you and with all those memories the most vivid are time with my siblings and parents, all the camping and fun we had as children/young adults and my own family and the memories that we created.  The joy that you all bring me now and then is what keeps me focused on surviving this BS as long as I can so that I can continue to enjoy the memories of you all.  

Well, enough of the sappy stuff.  Things are going well, I have realized that my sugars are pretty easy to control if I lay off the refined sugar treats (go figure).  Not so much carbs and what carbs it would seem.  I knew this, but on the dexamethasone days there is little I can do to control it.  I get a little pain in my right side from time to time still, but I am beginning to think that it is my kidney and it is irritated because of my inability to urinate sometimes due to surgery (TMI?).  I still get a little swimmy headed at the end of the day, but all in all I could be worse.

Ok, time to make some food.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022