Well, I had a dream I, stood beneath an orange sky... October 20, 2022


 

That bright glow is the UV "Happy Light".  It is that time of the year again when I don't see the sun for months in the morning and it is so depressing to me.  I really do love walking around the house in the morning before the rest of the house is up.  That warm morning sun cresting the hill and making the colors of my flowers and garden come out.  Well - here's to a fast mild winter.

My sugars are getting much better so I think that after I left the hospital, the extended release meds weren't working and I only started the non-extended release a month or so ago.  It takes a while for that med to build up and do its job.  Even after a pretty carb heavy afternoon yesterday my blood sugar was only 125.  This is a first as it was spiking up to nearly 200 for a bit on heavy carbs days.  It has been a balancing trick to try and maintain weight while also cutting down carbs.  I am learning where to put the carbs in my day to coincide with medicine to try and assist in keeping the sugars down (trying to avoid insulin).  So I was really happy about that yesterday and I am starting to feel a lot better.

I went back to work for a full day yesterday.  Like I said yesterday it was a little bittersweet as I would rather just do my own thing.  Now that I feel better, I may have been able to work on some of those Raspberry Pi projects I want to do (none of them require lifting :)  All-in-all, my heart isn't really in it anymore and it is still hard to keep me distracted enough to not think about cancer.

I am running late this morning as the dogs woke me at 2:30ish and then I didn't get up again until almost 6.  This is all compounded by today being bag change day due to the other bag causing so much irritation.  Tiffany continues to be amazing about helping with all this.  I know I would do the same for her, but still she does all these things and never complains.  I can't put into words how much I love her.

Well, I suppose I should get to work as I will stop working at 4:30 AM again today (I really was tired of sitting and looking at a computer screen yesterday).

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022