I heard there was a secret cord that David played and it pleased the Lord. October 18, 2022

 


I suppose I could add more throughout the day shots or some other picture.  I did think that by posting a similar pose you might be able to see changes in me over time (like the 35 pounds I lost since starting this blog).  It was not planned that I would have Christmas colors this morning.  You will notice that the bum changed his t-shirt, but not quite the time for the sweatshirt.

It is cold this morning and there was a frost again.  It is just a matter of time until every morning is below freezing :( - This makes me sad.  I don't like the crazy hot (upper 80's humidity), but don't like the extreme cold either.  I guess I am a bit of moderation man.  I still have to get that UV Happy Light out - seriously it is on the storage dresser next to my desk I sit at every morning.  You think it would not be so hard for me to accomplish this massive feat of moving it and plugging it in.

Things are going well, I have an eating schedule that seems to be helping with the blood sugar.  When I need a snack, which is often with the ostomy bag, I grab the right high protein low-carb snack (I'd say treat, but let's face it, a mozzarella cheese stick isn't really a "treat").  I do try and squeeze in a nice treat midday (small ice cream, bowl of Franken Berries (not kidding - impulse buy from Target.  Like eating your childhood with a side of diabetes).  

On the pain side it is mostly annoying healing pain now (spurts on pain on the incision lines, etc...).  My head seems clearer and I have had a lot more energy the last couple of days now that I am sleeping better.  So all in all, I'm good.  Now on to the treatment and wait crap.

Tomorrow, I am back to working full days from home.  I am looking forward to it and not.  I have so enjoyed just spending time with Tiffany, but working may put my mind on something other than my cancer.  I try not to think about it, but it now invades my every thought.  

  • How long do I have?
  • Had the cancer already moved somewhere they aren't looking?
  • Is my liver getting better?
  • Should I just have a fucking beer?
  • etc... etc... etc...

Don't get me wrong, I get some respites.  They are not very often though. 

Luckily, I just took a huge hit of some of my homegrown and I am about to babble.  So I guess I will decided what I am having for 2nd breakfast :)

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022