The dawn is breaking, a light shinning through... October 19, 2022

 


It is really cold out in the man cave this morning.  I may have to turn the fireplace up a bit to warm it up out here as I have to work today.  That is right, I am back to work as of today.  It is kind a bittersweet thing.  I feel well enough to start working again, but I will miss having my day to chill with Tiffany and do whatever, whenever I wanted.  I wish I had that taste of retirement without the surgery recovery, but I certainly know that if I was healthy I would not be bored or lacking things to do in retirement and I definitely could spend all that time with Tiffany.  I'll miss being stoned all day, but probably good that I try to keep a clear mind :)

Today makes exactly 7 weeks out of work.  It has been a longer recovery than I expected and I still have some pain along the incision, in my waist, at the drain port hole that is healing, and urination isn't always the easiest.  All in all, my sugars seem a little more in control as long as I don't go carb crazy and my head seems clearer.  So all good things.  I suppose this is where my stubbornness comes in handy.

Other than that, it still feels like we are just going through the numbers.  Like I said before cancer is a waiting game.  Treatment for months, scan, reevaluate...  I did mention to Tiffany that we should get away for a weekend here at some point.  I don't really care where we go, just someplace she doesn't have household responsibilities.  Maybe Niagara Falls for a quick getaway.  

I have to be careful about getaways as I have a note that says I can't go to work due to low immunity, but can go to Niagara Falls.  It is not like I am going to go clubbing.  Walk the falls, order food to the room, get stoned a lot, and just chill - this is not a recipe for cold, flu, or covid exposure.

Well, time to get the day going!

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022