Miss you like crazy... August 2, 2022


So Tiffany has only been gone for a day, but I miss her so much already.  We haven't been apart in years and I really don't feel complete unless I am around her.  And since I told her to go, I guess I understand how important it is to see her mom.

I spent way too much time away from my family.  I find it interesting that most of our immigrant ancestors either never really saw their family again or created large multi-family environments, many times on the same street, in order to stay near to each other.  I suppose growing up it was generally just my immediate family.  We spent time with grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins, but more so when we were really young.  As we aged, it was generally just us kids and the folks.  I suppose that is why it was easy for me to drift away for so long.  Funny, as I was the only child to move out of the state.  Luckily, Tiffany brought me home.

Today is chemo treatment number 11 (well - today through Thursday).  I really hate that I don't truly know if it is working and I suppose no one goes into remission with chemo alone (not with colorectal stage IV cancer).  The good news is my CEA blood test continues to drop as is now at 1.8.  This is down from 11 when chemo started so I will take the good news.

Well, I need to get on the exercise bike, eat breakfast, shower, and get to the hospital.

I love  you all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022