Mama told me not to come... August 1, 2022

 


I can't believe it is August 1st!  I suppose I can believe it, but time sure is flying by this year.  Honestly, I was hoping to make it to my birthday, but I feel like I may get to my birthday and past (today is not my birthday).  Unfortunately, the internet being what it is, posting my full birthday is a bad idea, but those that I care about who read this will know when my birthday is.

This month marks five months from diagnosis and 8 months since the bad tests.  I know that people with stage 4 colorectal cancer sometimes don't live this long, but they are generally in the late part of their lives.  I am determined to beat this thing.

Today I have my MRI of my pelvis to see how large the rectal tumor on the outside as the GI Dr. can only see the inside with camera inspection.  This test will drive what my future surgery looks like.  I am extremely hopeful for a very small tumor (it has been shrinking) so that I can have it removed and maintain my bowel.  Either way, if it extends my life, I will take it.  

The organ of major concern is my liver.  It is riddled with tumors and as I have mentioned before they are trying to grow back a healthy half of a liver so that they can remove the bad half.  It will be a journey post surgery regardless.

Tiffany is off to her mom's today.  I will miss her and Maeve so much while they are gone.  I haven't been away from them in over 3 years (last work trip).  They have been so helpful with keeping my spirits up and taking care of me.  I am going to try and keep up with my cleaning regiment (not that behind me shows it), but I have been organizing things and rearranging the back room.  

This is all part of my should have done it years ago work (like the garden).  

Well - off to get ready for work and their departure.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022