They say mother earth is breathing... August 24, 2022


 The song line is actually from a Garth Brooks song (Ireland, I'm coming home), but I am leaving for Erin this morning and there are rolling fields of green :). The dark picture is because Tiffany is still asleep and I am trying to let her sleep in a bit.  She gets a little overwhelmed with all the doctor visits and the all day sitting.

Yesterday we got good news, the tumor in my rectum looks to be gone, but we are still removing the rectum to be safe and sure that all the cancer in that area is gone.  If we didn't and some remained, it would just grow and spread again once I stop chemo.

The liver will be more complex as they are going to try and kill/burn all the cancer in the left side and then add a chemo pump to keep it from returning.  Once I heal, they will go in and remove the right side (which has the bulk of the cancer).

All in all, it looks like a long recovery where I can't lift anything over 10 pounds for at least 6 weeks.  As you all know this will be hard for me as I am not accustomed to sitting still for any given amount of time.  Tiffany will have a lot on her hands to keep things going.  I'll need to get things like the snow blower out and staged so that she is ready in case my recovery is longer.

I have this indoor garden I still need to build, but I doubt it will happen this weekend so that is delayed at least 6 weeks :(. This makes me sad.  Luckily, I have the tent for growing things, but really want that hydroponic system up and running for the winter.  All things in due time.

All in all, I am feeling positive that I can beat this thing.

Well - on to packing to go home.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022