I gotta get out of this place! August 29, 2022

 


I know, no beard.  I took it all off with the upcoming surgery.  It was getting kind of scraggly all the same.  Chemo has my hair growing strangely.

Well tomorrow we leave for NYC again and Wednesday is Surgery.  I am so nervous.  Not so much about the surgery, but the chances that we are moving in the right direction.  I have read so many people that have had this surgery and are not in remission.  I am hoping that my body can fight this thing.  I want to be around for my family and me.  There are so many things to want to see like Wyatt getting bigger, Maeve getting married?  etc.

I don't like the idea of an ileostomy bag - it's the logistics of the thing.  I will need to try and be more active and out and about once I've recovered.  The problem is all my out and about involves alcohol.  What am I to do about that?  I miss it and I don't.  The farther I get from my last drink, the less I want one, but it is all over the house so it is hard.

Well - tomorrow will be my drown on message ;)  today I need to garden.

Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022