Lookin' back on the memory of the dance we shared - August 25, 2022

 


It is 6 days until surgery and I am starting to get a bit nervous about all the shit they are doing to me.  I am staying strong on the outside as I don't want Tiffany to know I am scared.  I have trust in the doctors as they do this regularly and I think I am in pretty good shape in relation to other patients.  

I've been thinking a lot about life lately.  The good and the bad always comes to mind and my mistakes along the way.  I was also thinking about cooking - yes cooking.  One of the things I have enjoyed the most in my life has been cooking for family.  I guess there is nothing more satisfying to me then providing my family with what they need and add a little spice.

Growing up (sorry mom), I didn't really understand how to make a meal full of flavor.  I liken it to a stuffed pepper full of white rice and a little red sauce.  There is a lot of green pepper, but the filling was bland.  I ate the filling (not the pepper back then), though it was filling it was missing something.  As I moved through life, my palate changed and I found spices!  I have spent a lot of time working on spice combinations, some work, some don't - just like life.

If I didn't do the things I did in life, I would have missed out on the best spice.  Every bad choice, every running away to far away places has led me to the most satisfying portion of my life - the last 22 years right back where it all started.  I'm not the guy I was when I left home in 1987.  I've learned a lot about love, loss, strength, sadness, joy, and commitment.  I look at those as the spices of live, like salt, we should be using more love, joy, and commitment.  The last 22 years have been love, joy, and commitment.  I couldn't be happier with who I am and who we are (family).  

Well, I have to get the day started.

Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022