I love the nightlife, I got to boogie

 

Today is the last day of treatment 12.  I was pretty sick yesterday (not like I was vomiting or anything) just really sore stomach and uncontrollable sugars.  My sugar shot up to 300 plus after I ate lunch (chicken on rice with salsa and cheddar cheese).  I hate the idea that the chemo and the steroid are causing damage to my other organs. I suppose it is what it is.

I feel ok this morning, my face is really flushed and of course, there is the dreaded can't go that happens this week.  I get to have all the fun.

We will be heading to NYC on Monday to have some tests and meet with all the DRs around my case.  I am hoping for the laparoscopic surgery even though that doesn't sound like full tumor removal if it helps shrink them all can kill some, it extends my existence.  Maybe some of the thought process is to try and create a clean liver side so that resection becomes a possibility. 

All in all, I try to remain in good spirits, stay active, etc.  I did a lot of work yesterday and really enjoyed having a code problem to solve.  It is perplexing me, but I am learning a lot about power automate.  It has been fun.  I could have written most of what I wanted in VBA (and easier from a looping perspective), but the added ability to run it all in the background and drive it all from an MS form has been interesting.

Tiffany is taking a lot of the insurance company won't pay in stride.  There is no question in her mind that we will pay for this and get through it.  I know she is sad and scared, but she is hiding it well.  I love her so very much.  

Maeve went to Mansfield for orientation yesterday.  She seemed really excited.  Seeing her moving forward with these things is important.  I get really worried about how she can Gusty will make money once her mother and I move on.  They are both so smart, but caught up in a generation that lacks a focus on doing like the generation before did.  Always looking for get rich quick items and not understanding the level of effort and commitment it takes to learn, accomplish, and be successful.  Also, not understanding there is a lot of failure before success - it never comes easy (Tomorrow's song, It Don't Come Easy, You Know it Don't Come Easy?).

Well - time to get the day started (there is a The Call song in that one)

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022