Living for today! July 14, 2022

 


Heading up to NYC today so that we can meet with two surgeons tomorrow.  As much as the surgery scares the shit out of me, I know it is the only way I have any chance at longevity.  So as much as I don't want to drive to the city, don't want to get cut open, don't want to have fucking cancer, it is what it is.  I have to understand that this is the path that medicine knows best right now and I will have to deal with it.

Tiffany is really stressed and I fear that all of this is weighing way to heavily on her.  She isn't very healthy at the moment and I am getting concerned.  I know she is stressed about having to take care of me post surgery, etc...  as well as the fact that the girls aren't exactly self-sufficient.  

We have some money saved up, but depending on how long I am on disability that will dry up.  We looked at how much our cancer bill is and if we didn't have health insurance, I'd be dead.  Why?  Because there is no way someone without health insurance would be able to afford this care.  I know that there are services, etc... but the cost is over-whelming.  Once I am recovered, I am going on a tirade about national health insurance plans.  People don't understand what the folks with marginal health insurance would have to deal with.  It isn't so much the uninsured as they may qualify for medicaid or other no-cost plans, it is the under-insured.  The plans with caps, lifetime limits, etc...  We are not actuary tables.

Look at me all political again.

Almost forgot to add some garden photos :)




Ok - got to get some work done and get ready to drive.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022