After the fire, the fire still burns... July 20, 2022

 


Well it is halfway through treatment 10 thus far, I feel pretty good.  The massive constipation hasn't begun so I have that going for me.  A little lightheaded last night from all the drugs, but not so bad.  The weed post work mellowed  me out quite a bit.  I wish I could find what combination of things makes me feel really good as there are some weekends my body just feels great (until I tire it out :) ).

I have felt pretty confident that we can work with Sloan and continue my life for a bit.  Ultimately, it will be a battle over years according to my Guthrie oncologist.  He is an honest man with a lot of years in the business.  Someday,  ultimately, this cancer may beat me, but it will know that I fought my ass of to remain with my family.

We have a statement know - "one day at a time" in celtic tattooed on our wrists.  It isn't a new statement, but we keep reminding ourselves everyday is a new day.  One to find the things that are good and remember them.  Lately, it is just spending time with Tiffany.  It's an oncologist talking in years and not months.

I saw a post on LinkedIn where a member was dropping off as he only had 3 to 8 months left after battling colon cancer from 2019.  I should have reached out to him, asked about his experience.  As well as gave him some words of encouragement other than that God works through him and there are mysterious ways and miracles.  There are positive attitudes and continual Dr pushing!  

With that said, I just feel like sometimes I should be talking to people in my situation.  My DR makes it seem like my attitude is unique (trying to stay light-hearted and motivated).  I promised my family I will not give up and I will not let this disease kill me - I know it might take my life, but it won't take me.  My family will remember me as the nice, helpful, wise-ass, until the day I do succumb to this shit.

However, I am getting as much as I can cut out of me.  I have decided on all the surgeries if possible as I feel they have the best possible avenue of success.  Longest recovery, and most side effects, but I am a go big or go home kind of guy.

Well time to write Tiffany and get to breakfast

Love you All!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022