Everybody's talking at me... July 27, 2022

 


It is starting to get darker in the mornings.  Definitely getting closer to August and soon the days will start to shorten.  I am not looking forward to winter this year.  I was thinking about it last night, I need to get the snow blower out early as who knows whether I will have the energy to get it up to the driveway come winter.  I keep thinking I will blow back from surgery like I did back surgery, but that was a while ago and my body has aged a bit since then.  It is amazing how you get older every year seems to have a larger impact on you.  Maybe you just don't realize it as a kid/young adult/etc...

Yesterday was an OK day.  My stomach is still sore, but I didn't feel as sick most of the day and was able to focus on some actual work.  I've been trying to get Tiffany to eat better, but she has the same depression and I know it is eating at her.  

I have been seeing a lot of crap online about God this and God that.  It upsets me as I have always been on the fence about a higher power.  I am not an Atheist, but rather a Deist. I tend to suspect we are more of a computer simulation that is just running (like the Sims without a game player) and more.  Someone is watching and wondering why we always result in killing each other and fighting over a world full of bounty that if we only worked together we could thrive.  Instead we live in world where people use their religion to control and gain power over others ultimately enriching themselves to have more than they could use in a lifetime.  So while, at times, I want to think there is someone to pray to, I think about all the evil that is done in the name of the religion and I truly despair.  So much promise in all the holy books and we can't get past being human.  This is why I haven't written about religion much.  I'm turned off by it.  Maybe I will try and write about all the good things in Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, etc...  Honestly, at their core, they are all pretty much the same on the good stuff.

Well, speaking of religion, it is time for me to wander around the yard, water if necessary, and look at the pretty flowers.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022