Monday's will never be the... April 4, 2022


 So post treatment went way better than last time.  Still a bit tired and sick to my stomach, but I was able to handle it ok.  I am beginning to think that all the pain in my side and stomach was associated with the rectal tumor and not my liver.  As I go through this treatment, I am struck that the pain is almost always connected to eating and being full, though there is some dull pain in my RUQ, I think it is from my digestion.

Anyway, I left the house yesterday and went to a brewery for a couple beers.  It was nice to get out of the house with Tiffany, see a friend.  Laugh a bit.  The music was nice, but too loud.  Believe it or not, that little trip took a lot out of me.  I was really tired by the end of the day.  My system is also not used to alcohol - at all.  I haven't had much of anything to drink since December, so the smallest amount of alcohol makes me tired.

I have been thinking a lot about what I "should" be doing.  I guess when you are faced with your own mortality you think about all the things you want to do, but then there is what you "should" do.  Maeve wants to go on a huge vacation, cruise, Disney, something memorable.  I get it.  Part of me just wants to use my energy to get the house in order, build a garden, etc.  Leave something more permanent than a vacation?  I guess I have time to think about it as I will be having to visit the chemo center every other week for treatment all the same.  In that time, I should really sort out the must do's.  Funny as I am just fully content hanging with Tiffany.

Well, it is time to ride the bike and get ready for work.'

Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022