Drip honey drip... April 12, 2022




 How can it be the 12th of April already?  Today is a treatment start date.  I go every other week on Tuesday's.  The treatment thus far hasn't been so bad.  The sensitivity to cold on my fingers is a bit annoying, but mostly the after treatment bowel issues is the problem.  The steroids provided have thus far kept any "sickness" at bay (knocking on wood).  

I have a ton of boxes behind me in this picture.  That is because we got a bunch of household stuffs delivered.  I can live without the fireplace for a day.  I have the under the desk heater as well.  I am always so cold out here in the winter/spring, but soon it will be a heat box as the sun sets at the back of the house where my cave is.

I have been doing a pretty good job of acting like all is good around Tiffany.  Short of talking about the bowel progress.  I really enjoy sitting and eating with her, watching TV, going for walks.  I know this is really weighing on her.  With her father so frail, her brother and mother not healthy, and me with cancer; how much does one woman have to endure?!  I am trying to figure out things that don't involve money to keep her occupied.  As soon as the rain stops and we have some dry days, we can go up to park station and some of the other hikes.  I think I will throw a surprise trip up to Letchworth for a quick walk-around.

I ordered some shoes yesterday.  Funny as I don't really have to dress up, but I have been enjoying it on occasion.  It makes me feel kind of normal.  It is hard to escape the fact that you are sick, but amazing how being a little sick becomes the normal so that when you get back there you feel like you can do anything.

Well - time to get on the bike and do my back stretches.

I love you all!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022