Dawn is the feeling... April 24, 2022


Feeling good this morning.  It has been a decent non-treatment week.  I ambushed everyone that had gathered in my man cave.  It is usually just me, but everyone wanted to come out while I was cleaning.  I got a new vinyl shelf as the collection had out grown the three cubes, so a fourth was in order.


I am currently listening to Rumors (Fleetwood Mac). When I was kid I would listen to this over and over.  Something about the music it is calming and haunting.  One of those albums that can immediately l throw me back to the 70s.  We were living on Center Street then.  We listen to the radio a lot as kids.  I know I had some form of transistor radio with most of the time back when AM still played music and FM was so amazingly clear, but depending on where you were, you couldn't get the FM channel.

It was in the very late 70s and early 80s that the walkman came out and who would have thought how much that would change music.  No longer had to wait for things to come on the radio (while you were mobile anywhere) you could queue up your cassette tape and listen to your music.  I was in heaven with my Sony knock-off tape player radio combo (who could afford an actual Sony Walkman).  I will admit that I listened to this Moody Blues tape I had until it was destroyed from overplay.  It was some import cassette that was a good greatest hits mix of the older stuff.  Uncle David called it dream music when he played it on the reel to reel.  I still use Days of Future Past to fall asleep at times.  

Well off to do my day.

Love you All!





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022