Hey, different sweatshirt ;)

I feel pretty good today, I haven't eaten yet so we will see how that goes.  When one of you reads this blog, I truly was taking it one day at a time.  

I was trying to think about my first real memories.  It really is hard to be honest as you don't know if those early memories were dreams, stories you were told and think you remember, or just stuff you made up in your head.

For me, the first real ones (I think) are riding my bike on Sun Valley Drive (my dad teaching me and then me doing it by myself - I would have been 4).  I have a Mets cap on and I was very proud of myself to be able to ride with the rest of the kids in the family.  The next one was again on my bike.  We were living in Elmira on Front Street (the long family home).  In between houses I suspect.  I was riding along with an old AM radio shaped like a donut that was fatter on one side than the other.  It twisted out and had a speaker one side and a dial to tune on the other.  It must have been a Christmas present that year.  I don't remember the song on the radio, but it would have been one of the popular songs of the 70s.  I put a picture of the radio below and I am pretty sure the one I had on the handlebar of my bike was white.



God, I loved listening to the radio.  Any music really.  I suppose we didn't have a lot of entertainment choices in the 70s.  TV was for evenings and Saturday mornings.  I can't think of a time when listening to music, radio, then LPs, cassettes, CDs, now streaming wasn't part of my daily life.  I love all of it.  Don't get me wrong, there are songs I don't like, but there is no genre I avoid.  Hell, I'll even listen to Brian Eno (someone just looked him up :) )

Well, time to get busy today.

I love you all!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022