Rocking this thing! March 17, 2022

 Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!!  Any other time I would be taking today off and having a bunch of Irish Coffee in the morning.  We took a hiatus from that as I don't think the alcohol is good for me right now.


Probably some would say I should just celebrate all the same, but I can celebrate without the alcohol as it is important to only have my chemo poison doing it's thing at the moment.  Speaking of chemo, I am on the final day of the first of 12 weeks of FolFox 5-FU over six months.  The first treatment wasn't so bad, but I suspect this continues to get worse as they do each treatment.  Either way, I went to work yesterday, I felt good most of the day.  

I have been getting a little light headed at the end of the day even before the chemo so my cardiologist is adjusting my BP meds to try to keep my BP from going to low in the afternoon.  I really never had constant high BP only unstable BP.  Hopefully this helps and makes my afternoon a little more comfortable.  

I don't feel real hot this morning, but I have had three days of chemo pumping into my body.  I think some of it is the steroids as I am a little wired and shaky.  I never do well with the steroids all the same.

Made a mistake Googling some items around my treatment yesterday and I am still a little scared that my oncologist is treating me as maintenance therapy and not curative.  However, I suppose they need to see how I react to chemo over the next 3 months.  I know this is what Sloan is waiting for so I need to have some patience. I am just so used to addressing things fast and head on that this type of approach is not customary for me.

Enough about that.  Tiffany continues to be amazing.  She just helps and helps.  I have been trying to be helpful and do things as well especially when I am feeling better earlier in the day.  I love taking care of things for her and it upsets me that I can't.  I realize that I have been excessively tired after the smallest amount of work for some time.  I should have know that something was up.  Water under the bridge I guess.

Anyhow, I hope she knows how much I love her.  The girls and her are all I think about.

Well, it is time to get busy eating, etc...

I love all of you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022