March 1, 2022

 It is March already.  I first saw the suspected cancer diagnosis in mid-January and I finally meet with two oncologists today.  I know the answer to the survivability question so I am going to stop asking it.  I have a year to 5 depending on how my body reacts to the chemo.  I would like to say that I can survive this and I am going to fight like hell to do so, but only 4% of people make it through Stage IV colon cancer.  

I'm scared.  Not so much about the dying, I have come to terms with that.  If it is my time, it is my time.  I am scared about what it does to my family.  We function together, we lean on each other, we are a unit.  I try not to think about me not being with them.  I know the thought hurts them and the idea of not being with them on their journey tears me apart on the inside.  That is why I am going to fight.  Not for my life, but to see and help them live theirs.

I had an ok day yesterday.  I try to stay positive, but the pain in my side gets pretty bad and it reminds me that I have cancer.  The lightheadedness doesn't help either.  I try to stay in the moment and I also try to remember the fact that I have had a great life and still do.  So many people go through what I am with no support, or have had less than stellar lives.  This issue is basically a spoiled cherry on top of what would be a wonderful ice cream sundae.

I haven't been lost in the past lately, but thinking about how we squeeze in fun during this bullshit we are going through.  First, we have to get Tiffany healthy, but then we are going to start enjoying things (as soon as it isn't 25 degrees outside).  I was thinking about trying to squeeze in a beach run or going to Niagara falls.  Maeve has never seen the falls so I thought it might be nice to drive up there.  Little trips like that will suffice.  I just need to get out of the house.

Well, it has been 15 minutes and Bear is harassing me to go out again.

I love you all so very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022