March 9, 2022

 


I guess taking a morning picture will require that I change my hoodie more often :)  

I feel good this morning.  I have chemo training today so I am taking a half-day.  Seems strange to say this, but I get to spend the day with Tiffany so that is awesome.  It just occurred to me that I hadn't taken a picture of the small bandage where my port was inserted.  I am taking it off today so I will have the follow up picture tomorrow.

So here is the port location covered by the bandage:


It isn't very large and the doctor was so concerned about ruining my tattoo and according to the nurse he tried really hard to make the incision along a line in the tattoo.  In the long and short of things, I am not real concerned about a scar in my tattoo.  

I plan to document the chemo treatments next week as much as I can.  This daily log really does help me get things out and keep my head on straight.  Speaking of keeping my head on straight, not that this has anything to do with it, I sent Tiffany an article yesterday about some experimental work that Duke is doing.  They place a pump in the abdomen and treat the liver directly.  We are keeping that in our back pocket to call them if things don't go well with initial chemo.

However, we are confident that initial chemo will put me on a path to at least contain or remission.  I don't feel that sick outside of some nausea that seems to be related to gas in my stomach.  My bowels don't exactly move well (ever since the biopsy in the rectum) so maybe it is healing or scar tissue, who knows.

Enough about all that.  

Tiffany and Maeve are being great.  They really do help me think about being normal.  We go about our day normal, Tiffany doesn't do everything for me which requires that I get up and move.  However, she recognizes when I am tired and just naturally helps.  She is just amazing.  Maeve talks about all the vacations we are going to take.  It is nice to see her optimistic attitude. 

I thoroughly appreciate Tiffany coming to bed with me each night.  Something about laying alone in the bed when I fall asleep makes me feel disconnected.  Her coming in until I am about to fall asleep alleviates that.  She has always been a late to bed, late to rise person and I am the opposite.  I am pretty sure she uses the evenings like I use the mornings.  Just a little time to be you without the rest of the house.  

Well it is time to get ready for work.

I love you all!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022