And away we go! March 16, 2022

 So I am not officially on chemotherapy FolFox (5-FU).  



Thus far (2nd day AM) I am feeling pretty good all things considered.  I'm a little shaky tired this morning which I expect is from the steroids and the chemo.  However, I feel well enough to go to work so that is a good thing.  

Tiffany was great as usual.  Sat through the entire time we were at the hospital (9:15 until at 1:30) and put up with the very talkative nurse.  Either way they explained everything they were doing and the possible side effects.  Thus far the only real side effects I am feeling are some sensitivities to cold and sweet in my mouth (like a popsicle hitting your new filling) and some scratching in the throat when I drink cold liquids.  Once the nerves adjust the feeling goes away, but I could see where it would annoy people.

The shawl in the picture is from Tiffany's mother.  She is a very kind and thoughtful individual.  She is sending a green one, but Tiffany and I will wear them regularly as we go through this.  My blood work yesterday, pre-chemo, was really good.  Liver function was back into normal (all markers) which is a good sign that my diet change and weight loss have been helping there.  My pain in the RUQ is still bad at times, but I can manage that.

Well, I am on a tight schedule this morning as I got up late.

I love you all!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022