March 13, 2022


Yes, I am wearing all the same clothes that I wore yesterday and no, I don't really care (I have different boxers on though ;) and socks of course

I feel good this morning - I've been writing that a lot, but somedays you have to take it a day at a time.  My back feels good even though I shoveled a bit yesterday and only a little pain in my side.  I can actually take a breath without the sharp stabbing pain.  I'll take it. In fact, I almost just started cleaning up my desk and would have forgot to make my morning post.

Yesterday was a decent day.  Spent most of the day stoned and was able to somewhat keep the idea that I have stage IV cancer out of my head.  Tiffany and I tried to play some mini-golf on the Quest 2 in Meta, but the dogs were having none of that.  Lately, if I move Nala has to be moving with me.  I like to think that they are keeping an eye on me, but most of the time I think they just want food.

Maeve came out of her room for a bit and watched some TV with us.  I like when she is out and about.  

I have to call my mom today.  I haven't been very good at being communicative with my family over the years.  It's strange as they are very important to me, but I am just not one to reach out.  It has been an issue with family and friends my whole life.  Honestly, I am a bit of a loaner.  I like socialization on my terms and most times just spending a day at work is exhausting from a socialization standpoint.  I am always so glad that I found Tiffany.  We are so natural that just being together in the same house works even when I am stuck in my head.

Speaking of stuck in my head, I have been doing a lot better at getting out of my virtual world (the one in my brain, not the one online) and staying in the present.  I am amazed at how much of my life I just spent thinking, day dreaming, and imaging.  I wonder if that is normal?  I have always been able to remove myself from situations that suck by putting myself somewhere else, convincingly. 

As I finish up this mornings typing, I do really feel good today.  I must have slept well, though the dogs did bark in the middle of the night.  

I love you all!  

Note to self:  Do better titles than the date will you?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022