March 10, 2022

 



I still have the same hoodie on :)

Well, I had my chemo intro training yesterday.  Not much I didn't already know, but the nurse who coordinates is nice.  Below is the bandaged and after removal pictures of the port installation.  In all honesty other than the first day (after drugs wore off) the surgery location was really no big deal.

Here is the bandaged picture:


and here is the unbandaged:

It really is a small incision.  The doctor tried very hard to make the incision along my tattoo line which was nice of him.  We (Tiffany and I) told him it wasn't a huge concern in light of all the other things, but he still was conscientious about it. 

Things with me are going well at the moment.  My stomach gets crampy and I really have to make sure I am eating the right things. Gas builds up and causes pain in my abdomen.  I suppose some of it is also the pressure from my liver, but by the end of the day it usually hurts to breath in deeply.  I guess this is one of the ways that I will be able to tell if the chemo is working.  If the pain caused by the liver in my upper right quadrant starts to diminish, I guess the tumors might be shrinking.

The chemo scares me a bit.  Not so much about how it will make me feel, but more will it work.  I am pretty confident and I have stopped Googling stuff, but sometimes can't help it.  I have been gravitating to articles and research around my specific situation and there have been some good results for people in my age group.

Tiffany continues to be great and I am trying to figure out ways to spend more time with Maeve.  This Saturday we may get snowed in so I am going to try and build some Legos with Maeve and maybe we can all play some Wii or something to do things together.  Maeve wants to help and be involved.  I am so impressed by her.  She really is a young adult, but I will always see her as a little kid.

Well, it is that time again and I need to get on the exercise bike.

I love you all so very much!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022