You gotta have faith... June 21, 2022


 I have got to do something with Maeve's old gaming chair.  It is like giving myself the bunny ears in every picture.

It is the summer solstice today!  Longest day of the year.  It is funny that I take more pleasure in the natural cycles of our world than I do in religious holidays.  Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Christmas, but more so what it meant for family, caring, peace, and love than the birth of a savior.  Back to the solstice item, I just take more joy from nature, the change of seasons, the energy I feel from the sun, than holidays of faith.

If there is a creator(s), they made the beautiful things that grow around us and we can propagate the beauty, tend it, and nurture it.  We (humans) don't do a very good job of taking care of the creation.  We use it as if it is ours to destroy for profit and power.  

Enough of that.  Today is treatment number 8.  The routine is getting somewhat monotonous, but I suppose things could be worse.  I am still feeling as good as I did back in January (minus the chemo effects).  I am also still able to take care of myself, work outside, go to work, and tend to the things at home that I have been putting off (like building a good raised bed garden area on the south side of the house).  I am quite thankful for that.

Funny thing is I have been getting clumsy.  I feel getting off the toilet this morning and fell in the shower a couple weeks ago.  I don't feel as strong as I once was, but I suppose that is somewhat expected.

Well, I love you all and need to get some things done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022