Sundown you better take care... June 7, 2022

 


The Phillips Hue lights really make this room green at times :)

The song really has nothing to do with today's post, it was just stuck in my head this morning for some reason.

Today starts treatment 7 or 8 scheduled.  They should be taking me off the Oxaliplatin.  This is the drug that cause toxicity in my nervous system.  The one that gives me pins and needles when I type.

I really wish there was more I could do for Tiffany.  She is force to take care of her dad all week due to, well, I won't put that her, but let's just say selfishness (not on her part).  She feels an overwhelming burden to take care of me already and on a treatment week that sucks for her.  I will do my part to be self-sufficient this week so I am not so much of a burden to her.  I really can do most things myself.

Yesterday, I put in a rain barrel, it is our first and we are hoping it will cover the side yard garden for the season.  It is an experiment in sustainability at our house.  We are starting to build out more raised beds as well as limit the amount of grass we have to mow (that will always be a lot given the 5 acres we have to mow, but the goal is to turn the area around the house to gardens with flowers and herbs (mostly perennial so they just come back).

As to the cancer, I have been feeling a little sick and not sure if it is the cancer or the chemo.  The stabbing pain in my upper right quadrant of my abdomen...  that is the cancer.  That is my liver punishing me.  Sometimes it hurts pretty bad, sometimes it is an annoyance, and other times I don't feel it at all (especially when laying down).  My bowels are a wreck.

Either way, I think things could be worse and I still keep telling myself - "there is no tumor"!

Well - time to get busy.

I love you all


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022