Hey there what's that sound... June 28, 2022

 


I suppose I am a bit distracted by the news as of late.  I have been concerned about our country going in the wrong direction (backwards), but this is all getting out of hand.  We had a president (I use the term lightly) that tried to stay in power after losing an election, a radical Christian movement that wants a suppressive society that controls people through their dogma (their interpretation of that dogma), and we are very much on the verge of violence between right wing and left wing states.  I am not sure how we got here - too much laissez-faire attitude with most people I guess.  Distracted by reality TV, media, social media, and their own pursuit of commercial gain.  Whatever it is, we are in a bad place.  If everyone just got off their lazy asses and voted we wouldn't be in such a bad place.l

On my treatment front, I am still waiting for my MRI pictures to get to Sloan so they can decide next steps.  This almost certainly puts me into another round or two of chemo.  I suppose as long as it continues to shrink tumors I am ok with that.  I am just so depressed around not feeling myself.  I really want to be happy and excited to help drive the rest of the house out of their funks, but I really can't get myself to that place.  Even stoned I am still too melancholy to get out of this depression funk.

The thing that keeps me going is how much I love Tiffany and my girls (and my family).  When I am better and I will be better.  I plan on being a better husband, father, son, and brother.  I realize that I have been somewhat self indulged.  I also just have an escapist personality.  I like to be alone so it doesn't help with things.

Well, need to get on the bike.

Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022