Anticipation it's making me wait... June 23, 2022


 So it's the last day of chemo this week.  As you can see my face is all flush from the chemo and the steroid.  I'm not sure how many more of these I have to endure, but I am willing to do as many as it takes to be with my family for as long as I can.

I have to admit the waiting is the hardest part (more song lyrics for you all).  Get tested - get results - wait days for oncology and surgery to review - rinse repeat.  Do chemo wait a month for any testing, wait for direction.  It's hard for me as I am so used to fixing everything quickly.  

The good side is I don't feel any worse than I did in January (maybe even better).  I ate a good 2500 calories of good food yesterday and I wasn't extremely bloated etc...  I have to take the little items as they come.

Tiffany still is amazingly stressed, worried, etc...  She is so wonderful and has been patient as well on everything.  This waiting doesn't only bother me, but my family as well.  Every one wants progress and information, but that is slow going.

 My boss told me good news about a former person in my office that gained about 20 years of his live back through working with Sloan and this gives me hope.  All the good tests with shrinking tumors gives me a lot of positive feelings that if we treat the liver directly the tumors will start to shrink even more and we will be able to do the work in the liver that is necessary to add some longevity to my life.  I really never expected to make it much past 60 as I have lived a pretty hard existence and I didn't take very good care of myself.  I am trying to now.

Well speaking of caring for myself I need to get on that bike and get some time in.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022