Look at what's happened to me... June 27, 2022


 I can't believe it is nearly July.  Pushing 4 months since someone told me I had cancer and 6 months to live without treatment.  Fuck that!  I built a second raised garden bed yesterday and mulched the whole area to control the week growth.  It is amazing how therapeutic gardening is.  Something about growing things and getting my hands dirty.  When I was getting out of the Corps I was really considering biology as a path for my life.  I have always enjoyed the outdoors and more so the plant life.  Something about it calms me.  Maybe it is the symbiont relationship we have with plants, the whole we can't live without them thing.  I think a lot of of society has forgotten how important plants are to the whole planet.  

Things are still going well.  I felt a little wiped out this week.  I am assuming it is the chemo, but it is probably depression as well.  I mention a lot about the waiting and it is very unnerving to have a disease and not be getting constant treatment.  It really is a result of my IT career.  You must fix everything immediately and stay at it until it is fixed.  With the cancer it is more of a we put that medicine in, now we wait.  Maybe we will cut it out, but wait, we have to look again.  I get the thoroughness, but it drives me insane.

I know it is bothering Tiffany as well.  I think I will get her to walk with me today.  Maybe sit on the bench while I weed the garden.  Come to think of it, I need a bench for the new raised garden as well.  Maybe I should build one.  She spends a lot of time playing a game on the computer that I think just distracts her from reality.  See if you aren't busy, you can't stop thinking about it.

The long and short of it is I am not going to die tomorrow (in my opinion, I won't be dying anytime soon).  I have to start getting her active.  We have a real problem getting out and about though as we are afraid that other people might give one of us Covid.  Neither of us have had it and it would most likely be extremely detrimental to me right now.  So we stay at home and try to find things to do, movies to watch, gardening (me).

Well - time to get to breakfast and stuff.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022