April, come she will... May 17, 2022

 


So my daughter left me a note this last night on my desk with a picture of us.  She had heard April Come She Will in her playlist.  I sung that song to her every time I put her to bed.  With my re-scan coming on Wednesday we are all on pins and needles wanting the results.  

I know the odds are against me in this mission.  I saw it in the faces of all the doctors, nurses, etc...  I am just not willing to take this lying down.  

But back to the note.  It made me cry, of course, made me post the video of me singing the song.  I could do better, that was my first and only take.  I generally can't get through August part even when I'm not sick.  With my daughter's birthday in August, I don't like the die she must part.  However, that isn't what that part is about.  

I've always loved that song from the moment I can remember it has been one of my all time favorites.  To say that I am a Simon and Garfunkel fan is quite an understatement.

The big item in the note is "There is nothing in life more important than the love we share now".  Something I learned the minute someone actually told me I had cancer.  Nothing else in my life mattered at that moment, but my family.  There were no possessions, pursuit of wealth, etc...  Just the need to be with those I love.  My daughter has grown up to be a wonderful human being.  They both have.  They love, put others before themselves, and care for living things.  We (Tiffany and I) did a pretty good job.  

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022