Doctor, my eyes have seen the years... November 3, 2022

 


Like I mentioned yesterday, I am pretty sure I will make the Christmas milestone.  My stomach (abdomen is more appropriate) is still spotty painful and yesterday the entire incision scar was purple and sore (I was a bit bloated from something).  I need to make sure I don't over eat now that I am back at it and cause my stomach to get much bigger as the surgery doesn't seem to like it.  So either way every pain and ache makes me think there is a tumor or an issue/infection from surgery.  I really do hate the feeling of - is this the down turn...  I have to adjust my attitude :)

I woke up at 3:30 AM due to right calf cramps and just can't sleep.  Luckily, when we fall back my 3:30 AM will be 4:30 AM again.  I am ok with getting up at 4:30 AM.  I get a lot done in the early hours of the morning and it is good doggies and daddy time.  Well, it's quiet doggies and daddy time.  The lure of the warm fireplace is too much for those sleepy girls to resist.



I have been back at work now since Oct 19 - things are going ok.  I am starting to get some things done and feel like we are moving forward again.  I mention it as I am probably going to go back to the office in a couple of weeks (1/2 days).  I know I could just work from home, but there is method to my madness. I want to make some semblance of a normal routine and life.  I think it will help with my mental approach to this cancer.  I also want to start going to dinner or something similar.  As I know I risk getting flu/covid, I think adding the normality to our routine will be helpful for us to get passed the "waiting to be in remission" some day attitude that seems to have settled in.  If we don't get some things done and live now, what happens if we don't drive towards longevity with treatment?

All in all - it's time to enjoy and live again.  We have hidden long enough.  Now let's hope I can break through my anti-social nature a few times a month :)

Well - time to breakfast and med

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022