Oh, take me back to dear old Blighty... February 3, 2023

 


It's Friday!  I'm listening to the Smiths at 5:15 AM.  


I have a meeting with the surgeon this morning and I am hopeful that they are going to go for the second attempt at the live.  I am starting to feel better post chemo an steroid.  I was pretty tired when I woke up.  Well when I went back to bed just before my alarm went off and then Nala - BARK! I would have gotten up when the alarm went off all the same.

I am nervous about the possibility of surgery all the same.  On one hand I know that the removal of the primary tumor just might have extended my life by a year or more as it slowed the spread of the disease outside of the rectum.  Though if we don't get the liver cleaned out, it will kill me in a few years.  I am beginning to think that cancer is like standing on the train tracks with a very slow train coming down the line.  You can't move, you can't avoid the train, but you have some time to think about it.  It can be truly nerve racking and it takes all I have not to think about it sometimes.

Sorry about the depressing statement, but it is true and I need to come to terms with it if they can't totally cure the liver.  Listening to The Smiths when depressed is not the best idea,  but it floods back memories and I appreciate that.

Ok, I think I may get to burping and getting my cave sorted this morning.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022