I've been trying to do it right. (Hey) I been livin' a lonely life... February 10, 2023


 Woke up at 4:30 AM (well got up a lot last night, but we'll get to that).  I got fluids yesterday (2 liters) and I felt pretty damn good the rest of the night.  I got up a lot to use the bathroom, but I actually peed!  The frustration I have with the dehydration is nerve racking.  

Enough about my urinary habits.  I am going to actually leave the house today and go someplace public.  Not only that, I am going to have a beer or two.  Most likely after that I won't have another drink until 6 months after surgery.  I made it the last 6 months since the first surgery with only a few drinks.  I know I had a shot of whiskey or three on the holidays.  One with dad, a couple in Irish coffee on the holidays, and a one sneak of actual gin in my gin and tonic (it was so good).  So all in all, I would say that in 6 months I have had 7 drinks - so a little more that 1 per month.  I think that is pretty good.  How do I not drink when I love alcohol so much?  Weed.  That's right, I get stoned instead.  One vice for another, but I do like the difference in affect on me.  The weed lets me focus in on things like reading, gaming, watching TV, and numbs me to the things that are causing me stress or nervousness.  So I will do the same after the next surgery.

I know I said I would right about the surgery today, but I am saving that.  For now, I will just say I am nervous, possibly over excited and trying to get my hopes aligned with the most possible outcome.  I do see this moment as a pivotal point in the plot of my cancer story.  Time will tell.

Well - off to do the dishes and make a hamburger and eggs (yep, at 5:30 in the morning, because I can).

I love you all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022