Will you come with my Phillis dear - December 23, 2022

 


So I had been looking for the Wait for the Wagon on Christmas Day song (only around Christmas every year).  It is a song that was on one of our Christmas LPs as kids.  Well, I not only found the song, but the whole album!  It was Frosty the Snowman (The Caroleer Singers and Orchestra) from Peter Pan (they made lots of kid's albums back in the day).  The interesting thing about this album on Spotify is that I am pretty sure they created the copy from an LP as parts of Nuttin' for Christmas have an LP pop noise in it.  Brings back a lot of memories as I know I played the hell out of this album as a kid during Christmas.  It actually made me have more Christmas nostalgia which was really nice as I am trying to keep my head in the right place this Christmas. 

As it is now obvious I will make my Christmas milestone, I will start looking to Saint Patrick's Day after Christmas.  

Things are going well, it was a double chemo week so I am a bit run down.  I worked from home this week as last chemo week I only went in on Friday as the steroid crash and nausea didn't go away until then.  I am still weathering the chemo pretty well.  The oncologist told us what we already know - we are in the wait until the end of January, scan again, see if the tumors shrunk or remain stable.  The scan will drive next steps (surgery, change of chemo, etc...).  So we won't have any real news until then.  I am getting a little tired of the drive back and forth so I know that Tiffany must be really sick of it.  She has given a lot of herself to help me through this shit and I don't think I could ever repay the love and commitment she has shown to me.

I am still isolating myself as I need to get to the end of January without getting sick so that chemo can do it's thing (fingers crossed, praying to all the gods, etc...).  Currently, just the change in weather and indoor allergies are kicking my ass at the moment.  I can't wait until Spring so I can get outside again and keep gardening, I miss the warmer weather.

Well, need to take my meds and get to work.

I love you all

And yes, many times my two blogs are the same message (saves typing time :) ).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022