At home drawing pictures, Of mountain tops... December 28, 2022


 Yes, that is a kitchen towel over my shoulder (I was making a breakfast sandwich prior to this post and I always have a towel on my shoulder when I cook (thanks Mom!).  

Well, I made it to the Christmas milestone.  If you are wondering, Saint Patrick's day is next and yes, I am having some drinks.  Why the small step milestones?  Well, I don't want to take time for granted.  I did that my whole life, wait until I have this level of income, wait until, I am this age, wait until I am retired; everything was in the future and nothing was in the present.  The present was work, and only work to get to "that time" which I am pretty sure would never have happened.  Now, I plan things I want to do, eat, learn to cook, etc... within the milestone timelines.  The milestone after that is memorial day, then July 4, then my bday again, and so on and so on...  

I am feeling good today, but the closer we get to actual treatment days the better I feel (as stuff leaves my body).   got my chest chemo port replaced yesterday (there was an issue with the catheter) so I am a little sore in my right chest area (it is out-patient surgery).   Funny how out-patient surgery has become a wave of the hand for me.  I guess all things are relative.  I am going to work today, but I don't want to - I really just don't want to work or at least do IT stuff that has no real affect on the world.  I suppose I could look for something more intrinsically valuable to me, but who would hire a stage IV cancer patient and pay my salary requirements?  Am I right?

Well, I should get ready to get going to work.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022