Go, tell it on the mountain... December 11, 2022


So I am still trying to get my spirits up and into the Christmas mood.  It is hard some days more than others.  I find myself depressed more than anything.  I have never really been much of a social gathering person.  I feel awkward and I don't like just starting conversations.  It gets even worse when it isn't family and friends gatherings.  I would prefer to just hide in the corner and watch everyone - and in the past drinking too much.

I have wanted to have a little drink the last few days.  It is easier to resist than I thought it would be.  I think the weed helps :)  I think on Fridays that one won't kill me (cancer is already doing that), but I am not a one drink guy - never have been.  Once I have one, it just goes from there.

Enough about my drinking.  Other than an Irish coffee on Thanksgiving, I hadn't had a drink since August 1-3 (don't really remember the exact day, but it was the first week).  So that pretty much puts me at 1 drink in 3 months.  So if not drinking helps kill tumors in your liver, I guess I will find out.

Speaking of Christmas (not drinking), I need to get busy getting my day going so I can start picking up the living room.  I want to make the living room look somewhat Christmas like?  I miss the feeling.  I know there won't be any Santa presents or family gatherings (other than Tiffany, Maeve, and me), but I want to do the decorating to help me remember all the good Christmases.  I can't think of a bad one and that is a good thing.  I guess that is one of things about Christmas and me.  There was enough good on those days that I can't think of a bad Christmas.  

Alright - up and running!

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022