Let me tell you 'bout a place... December 31, 2022

 


So here we are (and I would be remiss if I didn't follow that with - "in a room full of strangers") the end of 2022.  Probably the shittiest year of my life and also, and it is hard to type this, on of the best.  Not best in the sake of memories made, etc... but in discovering more about me, learning to say no for once, letting myself be loved and helped.  It has been a very opening year for me.  I really was hardened until all of this cancer shit tore it down.  

Well enough about that - I have a lot of cooking to do over the next two days.  Today, I am making homemade pizza and I am hoping the new oven and approach will make for good pizza (we will see).  Tomorrow, I am making Tiffany's birthday dinner (yes, yesterday was Tiffany's birthday, but we chose to do the meal on Sunday to give me prep time and so that we could eat earlier).  I have been enjoying the cooking a lot and it is really one of the only ways I know to give back.  I have always believed/felt that cooking for someone, serving them, and eating with them is one of the best ways to show love, appreciation, etc...  (For Tiffany and Maeve) It also seems to be a really good way to kill your spouse according to Forensic Files :)

Well, speaking of cooking for everyone, I am off to the kitchen to make breakfast and prep some slicing sausage and pizza sauce :)

I love you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022