You have angels that dance around your shoulders - September 13, 2022

 


September 13th...  It is only 16 days, a couple of weeks until my 55th birthday.  Honestly, upon diagnosis, this was one of my milestones.  Get to my birthday, get to see the new Lord of the Rings series on Amazon (it really was).  I was so afraid reading about the diagnosis possibilities.  However, here I am, major surgery under my belt, colon tumor removed (fingers crossed - should find out today) and though my ability to get out and about has been affected by this and all the covid issues, I still have my family and I am able to spend everyday with my wonderful wife and children (and all those stinker butt pets).

Last night when putting me back to bed, Tiffany was very affectionate.  She is not always a touchy/feely woman and I appreciated that as she is strong.  However, she must knew that I needed that.  I appreciated her touch and hugs.  It comforts me and reminds me what I am fighting for.

We walked 2 or so miles in NYC yesterday down towards the UN,.  It was nice.  Better was the trip to Saint Patrick's cathedral though.  Going in the church brought a rush of youthful emotions when I was a believer.  We sat in a pew for a bit of mass and I almost cried, nearly begged a God I'm not certain exists for help.  I wanted to talk to my father - I miss him, but like I said before I wouldn't want to put him through this as he had enough pain with Bernie and Jean.  Unfortunately, my mother is having to deal with it and I feel bad about that.

Well, have to get to the other blog and to put questions on paper for the DR.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022