This is my tune for the taking. Take it don't turn away - September 24, 2022


It is freezing this morning, literally.  Not a hard freeze, but there are frost spots.  Luckily, I harvested some of the ganja plants (slightly early) to ensure some harvest.  Most need a little more time and luckily they didn't frost last night and they all (main branch and some shoots) are still healthy and happy this morning.

I talk a lot about weed in the blog (not as much as I do Tiffany, but she is super hero and deserves the press).  I know that, though there shouldn't be, there is some controversy in places about marijuana use.  It makes me laugh.  This simple thing that I can grow in my nice little raised bed, side of the deck garden has made all the difference in my cancer journey.  I am going to bullet it to make my point.

  • It makes me hungry and you have no idea how important that is
  • When I'm nauseas it takes that right away
  • It helps me focus on one thing
  • It makes me mellow and less anxious (I'm hyper, need to do something all the time)
  • It helps with my evening rest
  • It helps me laugh - so very fucking important (you should say that last bit in a Roy Kent voice - If I had put motherfucker than it would have been more of a Samuel Jackson kind of thing)
So as you can see some of the most important things during treatment I can manage with one drug, that I grow, and I know what has gone into it.  Now, I am not sure what it does internally, etc...  I do know that the first round of chemo shrunk tumors, nearly eliminated the rectal tumor, etc...  Maybe the ganja helped with that too?

Have I mentioned how much I love Simon and Garfunkel?  Their music (Paul's music?) was so important to me.  Folk music was always a big thing to me.  I love the idea of protest, admiration, etc...  It spoke to me as a kid, the old standards turned into a love of Woody Guthrie, Joan Baez, Kingsman, Peter, Paul, & Mary, Gordon Lightfoot, Dylan, Croce, Carole King, John Denver - I could go on, but at the top of the pile was Simon and Garfunkel.  I can't be certain why, radio play, access to the "Bridge over troubled water" LP.  I still have that platter - ordered another copy of the original print that played better and had the case and sleeve.  I played the hell out of that album and I know every song on that album by heart and regularly sing them in my head during the day.  There is a line in El Condor Pasa (If I Could) that has always called out to me.  

"A man gets tied up to the ground.  He gives the world its saddest sound"  

Enough about my love of folk music - I really do love all music.  I know some people say that, but I will honestly listen to everything.  

Things are going well at home.  Today was ostomy bag change day.  We don't like it, but we are getting better at it.  I am so god damned thankful that I have Tiffany to help me with these things are I would just fold.  All the changes in my body and my self-esteem would take its toll if I didn't have someone like her loving me more than I deserve at times.

Maeve was excited to hear my stoma fart last night (I had a hot dog with meat sauce - it was glorious - oh and a non-alcoholic beer - I know how live).  At first I was embarrassed, but then I remember Tiffany and I laughing when we first heard it and we know, you have to laugh at these things as the alternative is not good for us.

Well - time to get my food on!

I love you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022