Start spreading the news...September 14, 2022


 So today is the last full day in NYC.  As much as I like the city, I would much prefer to recover from this surgery in the comfort of my home.  I miss my puppies, kitties, and my recliner.  Oh, and how I miss my bed!

All in all, it wasn't that bad considering the cut I have from sternum to crotch.  I got the staples out yesterday and that is helping with movement and my mental image of myself.  I looked a bit like Frankenstein with all those staples.  Staple removal was all part of my follow up appointment at Sloan.  Unfortunately, my oncologist wasn't real positive about the HAI pump and responses.  He didn't say anything negative, but also didn't put forward a positive attitude.  With that said, I am going to remain positive that the new direct chemo to the liver will continue to pound away at those tumors and I will be able to have the liver surgery they couldn't do this time.  I just have to keep myself healthy and hope the good cells are stronger than the cancer cells.

Tiffany continues to be amazing and strong!  She has been so awesome during all of this and really brave. I know at first she was hesitant to wander around NYC alone and walk back and forth from the hotel to the the hospital, but she is all city girl now :). In all seriousness, she is my rock and her coming to the hospital everyday and caring for me in the hotel just continues to reinforce how much she loves me and strengthens my love for her (not sure I could love her anymore than I already do).  I am pretty sure she knows that I am fighting and recovering for her and our family.

Well, I should get a little nap in before Jamie gets here today to help us out of NYC (Tiffany won't drive out of the city and I really shouldn't be driving).

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022