Slow down, you move to fast, you got to make the morning last... September 19, 2022

 


Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I am back in the comfort of my own home (as messy as it is) and was just too tired to get on the computer long enough to post this.  It is amazing how much that surgery has messed with my energy levels.

I have been struggling with the ostomy bag since surgery, but this is the first 3 day sequence when I don't have a ton of burning pain when I move.  The belt (that hooks to the bag and pulls it to my body) has seemed to help a lot and the ostomy nurses should have just told me to wear it 100% of the time.  Tiffany and I aren't real good at changing it, but we seem to have done it well this time (it was a struggle).

The pain in my surgery areas is still sensitive, but I have such a high tolerance for pain that I can't really tell you whether at 3 weeks this is how you should feel.  There are little spikes of localized pain along the incision (the feel like they are inside which makes sense), but other than that I doing well.  

I'd say my biggest complaint is urination honestly.  The surgery did affect the muscles in the bladder area and peeing is still somewhat of a manual process (Note: you hold it until you let it go, you don't make yourself pee, you let yourself pee - trust me, you don't know how to pee).

Beyond all that I get tired really easily.  If I focus too long on something I start to fall asleep (I haven't been sleeping well - see pee above and I am not a back sleeper).  This is one of the reasons I hadn't posted here - couldn't drum up the mental fortitude.  I have been playing some games like Sudoku to try and get my brain to think deeper.  I guess one of the biggest things is nothing peaks my interest at the moment.  I'm just not that excited about anything.

Well, tomorrow I will talk about my continued treatment.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022