Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream - September 8, 2022


 So it has been over a week since surgery and I am doing alright.  This will be the one of the toughest things I have done in my life.  Boot camp, recon induction, major cancer recovery list right up there.  The latter (the surgery) is definitely the most challenging, individually.

As you can see from the time this was posted it is before 5:00 AM and I have been up since about 3:00.  It is so hard sleep at the moment.  I have to sleep on my back (I'm a side sleeper), I still don't know truly if I have to pee or not as there is so much pressure and pain in my mid-section it seems all the same sometimes. 

What I can say is my large colon (which is disconnected at the moment), is in fact active.  I have farted several times and it feels like I have a giant gas bubble in there and possibly stool.  I couldn't pass stool right now if I tried, not that the equipment isn't there, it is just so damn inflamed and painful.  Hell, it took me 2+ days to start peeing well.

Tiffany has been amazing, she takes care of everything.  She gets me out of bed (this is a task), she puts on my socks, and helps me shower and dress.  I never thought I could love her more, but I do, everyday.  She is absolutely amazing, but I will say I would do the same for her if things were reversed.

Maeve has really stepped up and is taking good care of the house.  She is not only tending the animals and her schoolwork, but is also tending my garden and weed plants :)

Well gonna try to get some rest.

I love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022