Counting down the days!


 Both Tiffany and I are ready to come home.  As much as being together makes anywhere home, we both long to be in the comfort of our home.  Unfortunately, we are right back in the city on the 23rd to get the staples out of my large incision and follow up with the primary surgeon.  Maybe, I'll get a date for the ileostomy reversal surgery (so much surgery).

Things are going well with recovery, I get a few new pains every day as things heal and wake up, but I also feel stronger everyday and become able to do more and more for myself (not that I am full of stubborn pride and hate being incapable ;) ).

Tomorrow we have a meeting with the oncologist Dr. Leonard Saltz.  He is quite well known and a pioneer in the field so we are good hands.  We need to know what the next steps for the liver are.  I suspect it is a chemo and wait plan as they have to eliminate the small multiple tumors in the liver before they can address the larger ones.  Luckily, the direct liver chemo isn't as side-effect heavy as the systemic chemo as the liver absorbs the chemo as it is supposed to.  You can Google hepatic pump chemo and will find more information.  We are also hoping to get biopsy data from the samples they take (they took out 12 lymph nodes from the surrounding area).  The biopsy work will let us know if the cancer spread to the lymph node system as well as the liver.  With my CEA score so low it is a good sign that we caught and controlled spread with the initial cancer treatments, but it is best to know specifically and the biopsy should tell us that.

Well, I'm going to go back to sleep.  Hope you all have a nice day.

Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022