We spotted the ocean... May 25, 2023


 So I am feeling quite a bit better in my head and the farther I get from chemo the clearer my brain has become.  I still don't want to work, but I am at least thinking clearer.  Mostly, I want to do physical things which I believe is me reacting to the fact that I physical feel better as well.  My bowels are still a pain in the ass, but there getting there.

Speaking of bowels, I had salad last night for dinner (very small).  It was really tasty and I have yet to find out if it has an adverse effect on me yet.  All in all, I have been markedly better than I was a month ago and way better than right before surgery when I was having a hard time eating.  I am not having a hard time eating now, I just don't feel a lot of joy from it.  I am still struggling with not eating 20 pounds of sugar a day (I like sugar).

I took a large break during this short blog post to go uncover the plants.  We have a late frost today and probably tomorrow AM.  Funny because next week it is supposed to be in the 80s a lot.  It is weather in upstate NY for sure.  The brussels sprouts are doing well and I hope that we can keep them going through the summer.


I have really enjoyed growing stuff (on a small scale) in my raised beds, but I am really mad about the concord grape vine and I hope that it recovers from the freeze last week.  I am in good company as the wineries had the same problem.  The issue is, I only have one vine and I wasn't able to periodically water it all night to fight off the freeze.  I have a plan for next spring (provided the vine makes it).

Well, I have to eat this mac and cheese (yes for breakfast).

I love you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022