In this proud land we grew up strong... May 23, 2023


 So, it is that time of the year again where I go outside in the morning and walk the yard and look at the garden.  Flowers will be coming soon:

I really enjoy when the flowers, fruit, and veggies grow.  It is nice to watch life come bursting out every spring.  I think it means a little more to me now that I worry about my own longevity.  It is interesting to watch nature be concerned (in the case of annuals) with only one season of growth.  I suppose they make seeds that could be considered their next generation.  This would be similar to my cilantro that replants itself year after year.  

I have been feeling good lately and have been pretty active gardening, yard work (setup summer), and cleaning (see the keyboard hangers behind my picture).  Though I am having a hard time thinking about work (my actual job), I have no problem with wanting to clean and organize my office.  It would seem I like the distraction of physical labor to avoid actual thinking.  I guess it helps me take my mind off the shit show that is my cancer.  Honestly, I don't think the cancer is bothering me as much as the recovery from the ostomy reversal (3x in the bathroom already this morning).  The diet restriction is driving me nuts and I might have a salad today just to see how it turns out (a small one), but I want something green.

Well, speaking of eating, it is time to get some breakfast in me.

I love you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022