All last summer, in case you don't recall... May 31, 2023


 

So today is the day we are off to NJ for the first time in a while (since the end of February).  Scans and a meet with the oncologist to hear next steps.  I am pretty nervous.  I didn't think I was until this morning.  A little sick to my stomach and tense.  It isn't like I didn't think I had cancer anymore, but it was nice to feel a bit normal.  I suspect I have a couple weeks and then we will start chemo again.  I know that I shouldn't get all nervous about something I have no control over and that I know what I had coming, but I really am still hopeful that I will beat this thing.  I also think that if I ignore it for long enough it will just go away.  Not the best plan, makes me a zombie and no one likes that.  I also have that damn cigarette smoke smell in my nose all the time (like I had back in December of 2021) - it really is annoying.

My little garden is coming along and the grape vine has new growth again after the freeze.  Hopefully, it comes back strong.  Also, my lupine is starting to flower (purple at the moment):


I thought I planted more than one of them, but the end of the summer last summer was hot and I didn't water as I should have, plus all the damn slugs, so so many slugs.  Either way, I have several of the perennials back this year.  The orange flowers must be hardy as they are up early and they were up all last summer:


I think I like the growing stuff so much as I it helps me realize that there is always life to replace life.  It is nice to watch them come up every year and to have some things to do outside in the morning.

Well, I should be getting to organizing my stuff for the trip.

I love you all!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said, she said, "You don't know shit because you've never been there"... March 24, 2024

I won't dance, don't ask me... August 11, 2023

March 6, 2022